Life as an adotive Mother.

Life gets busy and you forget to sit down and breathe.  Or write in my case as well.

I tried my hand at writing on blogs that I got paid for, but those turned out to be a bust.  


So anyone who is still around and reads this will find out that of course the adoption went through, life has become more normal and yet at the same time more hectic.

G is now 21 months old.  Can you believe that?  in less then 3 months I will have a 2 year old!  He is so smart!  He picks up things so quickly, even those things us mothers don't want them to.  He isn't fully verbal yet, but we aren't worried because he follows instructions and picks up actions so quickly.  He will talk when he is fully ready.  He is picking up new words each day and we have no fear that he will be fully talking soon.

He is learning to run (insert pulling out hair here!) And he is so curious about the world around him that he can't help himself but to get into everything he shouldn't.  He is such a busy little man.  He is very tall and has almost a full mouth of teeth.  He loves to say hi to everyone he passes or passes him.  My little social butterfly.  He has his days where all he wants to do is throw tantrums, you look at him funny and sure enough he will throw himself down to the floor and just scream.  Ahhhh the joys of motherhood.  But all in all he is a pretty spectacular kid.

The adoption was finalized on July 14, 2015.  We went to the courthouse and the majistrate filled out all the paperwork sgned it spoke to us and took pictures.  It was a fantastic day, even though unfortunately the family we wanted to share it with were out of town.  But that is it.  He is ours now legally forever.  

I have so much to catch up on, so many ideas of what to write spinning through my head but I know those will have to be other topics of discussion.  A lot has happened since I last wrote, some good some bad and some just mediocre on the scale of boring to woo hoo.  

Life is constantly changing each day as G grows more and more, he just refuses to stop.  I asked him when he was a baby to make a deal with me that he wouldn't grow up on me.  He decided to not listen.  But then again with the ears and brain of a toddler that right there is a common topic in my house.  His ears right now are only for show, and only work when he decides they should.  

Anyway, I can't write too much today my mom is on her way here.   I busted up my knee last week and she has been taking care of me and G while my husband works and today we are helping her and my dad move into a new place.  I go and see the orthopaedic surgeon on the 4th of September to see just how bad it is.  so for now I am imbolized to one leg and crutches and need help doing almost everything that a person takes for granted in their daily mobile life.


So until then the readers that I used to have that just might still be interested in what I have to say I will be posting more.  I had forgotten how much of a stress relief it is to just type and get everything off my chest in a blog.


Till then,


xxx Kate xxx

To leave a comment, please sign in with
or or

Comments (0)